Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Sometimes it's the Little Things

At my job I sometimes have the privilege of talking to people on the phone.  One day in last couple of weeks I was speaking to a lovely lady who had just lost her husband.  They were married for 48 years and still madly in love and as we talked, I realized how much she had sacrificed of herself very selflessly in the last few years.  That same day I ran into another widow I love dearly.  They would have been married for about the same amount of time.  When her and I talk, even before he died, I knew they were still so in love and the selfless things she would do for him were so evident.

All of this has me re-examining my marriage.  This year will mark 20 years.  I have let a lot of those little things slide.  A lot of those little selfless things that I know are important to Scott have fallen to the way side because...well, there is no excuse.

I am making it my goal to go back to those things.  I'm sure those marriages I talked about above were tough at times but they figured out how to make it work and stick.  I want to be one of the couples one of these that younger couples say "I want what they had and still have".  I want to always serve my husband in a way that honors God.

Until next time, stay blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment