Monday, March 4, 2013

A Red Sea Moment

I don't know why but I feel like I need to post this, so  here it goes...

I was watching the Bible program on the History Channel and the part was coming when Moses parted the Red Sea.  First of all, that is one of my favorite parts to that story.  And I was getting worked up and ready and excited and nervous and scared and really full of emotion.  I know, pretty weird right, I know how the story goes and why would it be any different this time.  God parts the Red Sea!  I looked at Scott and said God has parted many Red Seas for me and there are so many more to part.

Maybe it is the fear of what is ahead.  The "safety" of the slavery behind.  Not knowing if God is going to come through the next time and I drown.  What if the walls of water cave in on me while I'm in the middle of it all.

But every time I hear the story, God parts the Sea.  Every time He leads them safely to the other side, every time.  The story is the same, every time...

Do I want to remain a slave or walk in faith across that vast sea?  I guess I need to plant my staff and go!  Wanna come with me?  I am ready for that Promised Land!

Until next time, stay blessed.

4 comments:

  1. How very true!! I'll walk across the Red Sea with you!! I'm ready!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll come, too!

    (And I watched that show and loved the excitement of that moment, but I ruined the feel of the whole show because I kept interjecting truth for my kids when the show had things differently than in the Bible. I know it's a drama, but why change the story? It is so perfect already!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am standing in the sand, ready to flee like I usually do, to run back to what held me captive for so long. BUT NO! NOT this time. I am coming through with all of YOU!

    ReplyDelete