Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What didn't Work for Me

When I first started homeschooling I didn't know very many people that did it.  We belonged to a small homeschool co-op of maybe 5 families.  It was really nice to have such a small group to begin with because I  think all of us were fairly new to the homeschool scene.  We would sit around and chat and compare what we were using.  I didn't even have Internet then.  Sounds crazy to say that but we didn't need it, so we didn't have it.  So not having any way to research, I bought what everyone else was using.  Really, everything.  I think for the first 3 years I spent thousands of dollars on things that didn't work.  I was buying 2 or 3 complete curriculums a year just to find the right one or maybe it was to fit in, after all, these women had a few years on me in homeschooling so they must be experts, right?

I can't say what curriculum is the best or worst.  The thing to remember is to get what works for your family. Attend conferences so you can look at the different things out there.  Ask friends if you can look at their stuff.  Research online.  You can find anything on here.  There are also some free curriculums that are put together right on the Internet that are very good.  You know what will work best for your child and your family.  

Find out what these moms have to say.


Clockwise:
Audrey @ Everything Beautiful, Charli @ WV Urban Hippie, Tracey @ Building My House 
Jessica @ Redeeming the Home

No comments:

Post a Comment