Monday, June 11, 2012

Tents, 4-Wheelers and Video Games

Charli had posted the other day about the importance of learning to like what interests your kids.  And I know her pain when it comes to liking the things of boys.  I remember watching every dinosaur movie around when my boys were younger.  Then we grew into Batman, Spiderman and the Hulk.  At least the stuff they like has action in it.  I like action movies.  I prefer chic flicks but...

I remember when one of them said I should play the SIMS video game and so they would think I was cool, I played and 2 days later decided I should clean my house and take care of my "real" family.  If you have never played that game, don't.  It is so addictive!  Of course, a yearly Mario Cart tournament is needed.  And definitely Just Dance.  I have learned that each of my boys has a different video game like and dislike and I have to learn to like them all.

Then we got them 4-Wheelers.  I don't like to watch them ride them so we recently brought down my father-in-laws dozer and made a serious track through our property.  They have jumps and hill climbs and all those other things that make a mother cringe, but they love it and Scott and I have even enjoyed it.  I think it will be great summer for all of us.  The neighbors may not like it but, oh well.

I have even found that tent camping is soooo relaxing.  I love the smell of a bonfire and smores and cooking over open flame.  Fortunately we usually camp with my inlaws and they have a camper, so I don't have to give up all the luxuries (bathroom, running water, you know all the things a girl needs).

All that being said to say this.  I have the rest of my life to pursue what interests me.  I only have a few years to enjoy the time I have with my boys.  I want to take advantage of every minute making memories.

Until next time, stay blessed.

Check out what these gals have to say about relationships.


Audrey blogs at Everything Beautiful


My Photo
Charli blogs at WV Urban Hippie


My Photo
Kathleen blogs at Positive Adoption  




Amerey blogs at Grace So Beautiful 

No comments:

Post a Comment