Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Relationships with Great-grandparents

This was a little off what I planned to talk about but it came up today.  My grandparents stopped by for a visit today.   They live about 5 hours away so we don't get to spend a lot of time with them.  I was fortunate enough to grow up with my great-grandparents and I am so glad that my boys have that opportunity also.

Grandparents are a great way for you kids to learn history but great-grandparents...that's a whole different story.  The older my boys get the more they enjoy hearing the stories that they have to tell.  Sometimes they hear the same story more than once but it is good for them.  I enjoy hearing the stories again too.

Anyway, I can't stay and chat long because I have some visiting to do.  If you don't have any older relatives that are living or that are close to you, I would recommend visiting a nursing home and "adopting" a grandparent for your child, especially an older gentleman for your sons.

Until next time, stay blessed.

Check out what these gals have to say about relationships.

 
Audrey blogs at Everything Beautiful 


My Photo 
Charli blogs at WV Urban Hippie 


My Photo 
Kathleen blogs at Positive Adoption  



 
Amerey blogs at Grace So Beautiful 

No comments:

Post a Comment