Thursday, May 10, 2012

Things I've Been Working On

During my spring cleaning I've been doing some micro-organizing.  Here is one of my projects:




                             
I knew I was keeping those styrofoam egg cartons for something.  I would love to have a huge jewelry armoire but right now this will work.


A decorating problem I was having was at the top of my stairs.  There is a small landing and to the left and right, bedrooms.  There isn't enough room for a shelf or something like that on the floor, but there is a blank wall.  I had some brass mirrors hanging but that was it.  It has always bothered me because I didn't have any inspiration.  So while cleaning I got an idea.  Here it is...



I just spray painted the mirror frames along with a picture frame hammered bronze and inserted a quilt square.  With a small plant stand and a vase of flowers, it is perfect.  I even added some good smelling oil to vase.


Since I'm on a roll...
I think the laundry soap I use is messing up our septic system.  We have an aeration unit and I think maybe it is too sudsy for it.  So I decided to start making my own powdered detergent again.  I quit making it because I got lazy.  I didn't follow a recipe because, again, I got lazy.  All I did was bought a box of borax, added to it a box of washing soda, and added 2 bars of shredded Fels-Naptha soap.  (All found in the laundry soap isle at Walmart).  Then my friend Charli at wvurbanhippie said she added a bottle of laundry enhancer to hers to make it smell good, so not to be outdone, I did the same thing.  (We have a little friendly competition going on).   All I do is add 1/8 cup to every load unless it is really dirty, then I add 1/4 cup and a washin' we will go.  So far I have done 10 loads of laundry and everything seems to fine plus the septic seems to be working better.

Until next time, stay blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment