Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Being a Help Meet

I have been reading this book called Good Wife's Guide-Embracing Your Role as a Help Meet.  I know, some of you are saying, "OH NO! not another one of those books!"  But it's not...and it is, I guess.  I am really enjoying it though.  It is encouraging and convicting all in one.  I don't think that we, as wives, can ever read, or learn enough about being the wife that God intended us to be.  We sometimes get sidetracked by what society says a wife should be and forget what our God given roll is.  I love serving my husband the way God wants me to serve him, so I will try to do the best I can.

One area I am working on is my "curb appeal".  I want Scott to come home to clean, refreshed, peaceful home.  This part isn't so hard for me because my kids are older now.  So really, all I need to do is make sure that my "day" is put away.  You know, the vacuum and cleaning supplies, the school stuff, etc.  But I also want to look pretty for him and not be in my "cleaning" clothes.  I have been adding jewelry (which I have been making), some trendy, less frumpy, clothes, some extra make-up and some perfume. I know that he likes these things and if it makes coming home more appealing to him then I will make the effort to spruce up my "curb".

Until next time, stay blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment