Tuesday, April 23, 2013

How do I Feel about Socialization

I'm not going to get into the politics of socialization or any of that.  I'm just going to flat out say this:

Why would anyone want their child to discuss important life issues with a peer?  Shouldn't life changing decisions be made by discussing them with your parents or grandparents or some other adult who cares.

So what if they don't get to go to the prom.  I remember what I did at my proms and why would I want my boys to do the same?  And really, they have went to public school dances.  It's not like they are locked in a room in our house and not aloud to speak to anyone in the "outside" world.

One thing you find with most homeschooled kids it that they will socialize with anyone of any age.  They can entertain younger kids when they are around and have conversations with people at a nursing home and stay engaged.

Short and sweet.

Find out what these ladies have to say.




                           
Audrey @ Everything Beautiful, Charli @ WV Urban Hippie, Tracey @ Building My House 
Jessica @ Redeeming the Home

No comments:

Post a Comment