Friday, July 27, 2012

Follow-up Friday


Did I do what I set out to do at the beginning of the week?  Let's just look and see.

Goals:
These aren't going to rock my world because it is still summer and I want to enjoy what little time there is left of it.
---get up at 5:30 and stay up after Scott leaves for work.  I know that doesn't sound hard for some, but I am not a morning person.   Yes, I am awake, but I don't have any motivation to do anything.  Hopefully with a cup pot of coffee, I can find what I need to get things done.

---start counting those dreadful calories again.  I would love to drop a few pounds.

---start exercising daily.  It doesn't have to be anything big, just something.
As far as my goals went, I didn't succeed in any of them, but there is always next week and I will continue to pray for discipline in these areas.


Monday:
CHECK--I am going to a friends house to plan some stuff for our co-op class while my son mows her lawn.  Of course we will be off topic most of the time, but it wouldn't be fun otherwise, right.
And strange enough, we did stay on topic...most of the time.  We have our THESIS classes planned out and some field trips put on the calendar for our own kids.

CHECK--When I get home I want to put together some more crock pot freezer meals.  (More on that in another post.)
I put together 6 meals (3 different) for the crock pot.  I can't wait to try them!

I didn't stay up, watch my calories, or exercise.  You see, Scott took the day off, so I slept in a little and because I had little things to do I snacked all day.  I know that isn't a good excuse but oh well.


Tuesday:
Used curriculum sale.
I practiced self control and skipped the sale.  I have everything I need for school, and I don't want to be tempted to buy more stuff that I won't use or think I "need".

I did get some stuff caught up on my Motivated Moms list.  


Still struggled with my goals.  I think I need some help in motivation.

"Supervised" as my husband and sons fixed my washing machine.  My internal debate was buy a new washer/dryer.  (I would have to replace both because I have a stackable) or replace the part for $80.  Gee, it wasn't a hard decision to make.  I didn't even price new machines and we have had this set for 13 years.  I'm not sure the lifespan but I hoping to get at least 20 out of it.


Wednesday:
Catch up on Motivated Moms list.

Was invited to a friends to swim.  The weather was beautiful and she is a school teacher so we don't get to hang out much.  I think we have a created an annual moms swim day and it seems to fall about the same time every year.

Thursday:
CHECK--Swim/Study.  There are a few of us getting together and doing a bible study using Becoming a Woman of Influence by Carol Kent and afterwards we are swimming.

CHECK--I want to start putting food in the crock pot during these Thursday outings.  If I get into the habit now it won't be so hard once school starts.  Thursday will then be my errand day.
We had the healthy bbq chicken and it was really good>


Friday:
CHECK--Not a whole lot going on, like I said it is still summer.  I will probably grocery shop.

Saturday:
Pick up His food ministry food and give the cat worm meds.

Sunday:
Church.

Nap (it is your christian obligation you know)

Until next time, stay blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment