Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mary Challenges: 31 Days to Clean

Here is an update on some of the Mary challenges for this study.

Create a six list.  Basically you are to put the top six things that you want to accomplish in one day on a list and put them in order of priority and finish them in order.  If you don't get done with your list then what's left over goes to the top of tomorrows list.  I keep forgetting to make my six list so tomorrow the first thing will be to make my six list for the day.

We needed to recognize and confront our laziness and ask God for forgiveness.  We can't say "I will do that later" because later usually doesn't come.

Envision our homes the way we want them to look/be and memorize that vision.  Ask God to help us create that space as He wills.

Day 11's challenge made me think of the Serenity Prayer:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
Courage to change the things I can.
And wisdom to know the difference.

We have to realize that we may have limitations caused by illness or other things and there is only so much that we can do in those situations.  But we can't let our limitations define us.  God's grace is sufficient and He meets us where we are.

I have only read up to day 11 so I don't have any insight on the rest yet so you'll have to stay tuned.

Check out Charli's blog at wvurbanhippie to see her updates.

Until next time stay blessed.

1 comment:

  1. "We needed to recognize and confront our laziness and ask God for forgiveness. We can't say "I will do that later" because later usually doesn't come."

    Okay...ouch.

    ReplyDelete