Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Building My House

Proverbs 14:1  The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands.

I'm not literally building a house.  But when I read this verse I think of the house I am building in my home.  Am I building good relationships with my kids?   Am am mothering them the way God says?  Am I tearing them down with words and actions?  Am I taking care of my husband the way the Bible tells me too?  Am I destroying him by not doing the things that I am supposed to be doing but following my own agenda instead?  What about my spiritual house?  Am I speaking negative things about myself all time and not allowing God to use me because of my own insecurities?  Am I praying and spending time in the word and relying on Sunday church services to get me through? 

Yesterday I started something that I have been wanting to do for a long time.  I started a homemakers co-op.  I am so excited and I think that the ladies that attended are excited too.  We started our little group talking about couponing and will probably spend the next meeting discussing it also since some couldn't be here that wanted to be.

This is what we decided:
--Couponing takes a little bit of your time.  Not sixty hours a week but as much time as you want to put in it.  And you probably won't save ninety percent every time you shop.  Let's face it, we all don't have that kind of time in our weeks and this is real life.  But if I can save thirty percent then I have saved something and it is worth it me. 
--Stockpiling is important.  It is important because of two reasons:  you may not have the money next month to buy it and if you have extra you can share.

We are going to discuss as many aspects as we can come up with about being a wife, a mom and a woman.  We are going to shine a light on the way that we are tearing our own houses down and replace that with a strong stone foundation.  I'll keep you posted on our progress.

4 comments:

  1. Proverbs 14:1--great theme for your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Btw, just became a follower. If you'd like to follow me back, my blog is glencampbellclan.blogspot.com.

    And the THESIS blog is thesis-wv.blogspot.com. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for your blog and your words of wisdom! Ania and I just went through our coupons! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete