The Rules Are:
1. You must post the rules. (DID IT)
2. List eleven things about yourself. (Finished)
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in the post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people that you have tagged. (Got it)
4. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post. (Skipped)
5. Let them know you've tagged them.
Eleven things about me....
1. Scott and I were set up on date by his mother.
3. I always thought people who homeschooled were really weird. The "tree hugger" type.
4. I grew up in snow country but hate to drive in the snow.
5. I used to run away from home on a regular basis. I only went to my great-grandmothers house (100 yards away) to get cookies. But I always left those "nobody loves me" notes behind for my family to read.
6. I now understand why my mom never allowed pets in the house.
7. I would rather stay home with my family than run around all the time.
8. I always knew I would be "just a housewife".
9. I still love playing in the creek.
10. I homeschool my kids.
11. I can easily become addicted to video games, especially The Sims.
Now the hard part - eleven questions.
I was born in Elkins, WV.
2. What's your favorite food?
My favorite food is spaghetti and meatballs. I always got a special spot in our garden growing up to "plant" all the ingredients needed for my special dish also. Funny, nothing ever grew there but weeds.
3. What one farm animal would you raise, if you could?
If I could raise any farm animal it would a miniature donkey, and I know they are pretty useless, but soooo cute.
4. What would your "Priceless" Mastercard commercial be?
Gorgeous new bathing suit...$45, Suntan oil...$5, Feeling comfortable in my own skin...priceless.
5. What would surprise me about you?
I am very critical of myself and I don't know how to receive compliments.
6. What was your first car?
My first car was a maroon and silver Chevy Citation. It would stall at the one and only stop light in town, but only on rainy days.
7. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a wife and teacher.
8. What blog or website do you visit the most?
Facebook and pinterest, of course.
9. Have you ever left the country?
No, I have left the country.
10. What is your favorite local Mom & Pop shop or restuarant?
My favorite local Mom & Pop place would be Apple Annies in Point Marion, PA. Or, since that really isn't local, Dairy Creme Corner.
11. What makes you smile?
When my boys make good choices and later tell me that it is because they prayed about it. It isn't so much the choice as it is the fact that they prayed about it.