Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hanging Weekly Planner

Ok, I have decided that I like nice things but I don't like to pay for them, so I am challenging myself to find those things and make them myself.  All these things will be tagged under Tightwad Tracey.

My first project was to reinvent my home management board.  I was really proud of it but then the more I looked at it, the cheaper it looked.  So I found something that would work perfect but it cost $45 and wasn't set up exactly the way I wanted.  I don't really need pockets for things and I wanted more "dry erase" space.

Before













After












I don't know how much I have in it because I had everything to make this already except for the little clippy thingy.  But if I had to guess, I would say less than $10.  That works for me.  


Not really a hard project at all.  
Things needed:
Fabric--however much for the size you want, plus enough to sew a hem around it, and some for the file   folder holder and marker holder.
Laminating paper
Card stock or pretty paper
Grommets
Clip or something to hang pages from unless you don't want that.
Dry erase markers
I used my label maker to label the pages but you can hand write also.

It took me about 2-3 hours but I think it was worth it because I made it to work for me and my family.

Until the next time, stay blessed.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cool. You should make these and sell them at the curriculum sale on 7/24. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I realize this post was a while back, but was wondering if you still make and sell these organizers. If so, I'd really love to order one from you. You can email me at jill.svirida@gmail.com - thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete