Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fun in Duck

If you are wondering why I have been quiet this week, it is because I am on vacation!

We are in North Carolina, staying in Duck.  I can cross the street one way and be on the beach or cross the other side and be on the sound.  Oh what to do, what to do...


We met up with Scott's mom and dad and his sister and her family.  I am really liking this vacation the best.  Why, you ask?  Well you know that as a wife and mom, if you go on vacation without anyone but your own, you end up doing everything and really don't get the vacation that you dreamed it would be.  Your responsibilities are the same, you are just in a different house.  This time there are 10 of us, so everything gets done by everyone.  Needless to say, I couldn't be anymore relaxed or I would need an iv and  feeding tube.


Here's my sweetie.  Love him for taking me on vacation.  He isn't a big fan of the beach.


We thought the kids would enjoy crabbing.  I LOVED it!  We spent pretty much the whole day catching crabs for dinner.


We only caught 16.  So we had to change up the menu a bit.


Here is the end of the day!



Well I'm getting ready to hit the shops with my boys.

Until next time, stay blessed.


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great trip. Glad you're having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are taking a much needed vacation! And, funny, I have NEVER seen your husband! Ever. I saw this pic and was like, "OOOH, this is Scott!" Funny that I've known you for all of these years and didn't know what he looked like! LOL! And we even went to the same church for a bunch of the years...lol! Oh well! (well, i take that back. I did see a pic of your whole family in your house, but it is an older pic. You should update it. LOL!) anyways, I miss you and glad you are having fun! We will catch up when you return! :)

    ReplyDelete